Hurricane Season Is Here!
A Guide On How To Be Prepared Before The Storm Hits
Hurricane Season starts June 1st and ends November 30th. Storm and hurricane tracks can be unpredictable and change very quickly. It’s always a good idea to prepare your property and family in advance.
Hurricanes can come in 5 different categories
- Category 1
- Hurricane has winds from 74 MPH up to 94 MPH. Damage can be minimal
- Category 2
- Hurricane has winds from 96 MPH up to 110 MPH. Damage can be moderate
- Category 3
- Hurricane has winds from 111 MPH up to 130 MPH. Damage can be extensive
- Category 4
- Hurricane has winds from 131 MPH up to155 MPH. Damage can be extreme
- Category 5
- Hurricane has winds from 155 MPH and greater. Damage can be catastrophic
Regardless of the category, hurricanes and tropical storms can be extremely powerful. Flooding, power outages, debris, tornados, storm surge, high winds and damage to your property and community are all hazards associated with hurricanes and storms. It’s always best to be prepared and have a plan before a storm hits.
How To Be Prepared & What Items To Get For A Storm or Hurricane
Non-Perishable Food Items
Disaster Supply Kit
Having a plan and being prepared is the BEST route to take when it comes to Tropical Storms and Hurricanes. And remember don’t panic. If you find yourself in a panic take a few deep breaths.
Here are some other helpful websites to keep you, your family and your home safe during a storm or hurricane.
Stay Safe Louisiana